Overview of Principal Effectiveness Act 82
Beginning in the 2014-15 school year, principal effectiveness shall be measured using a rating tool designed specifically for professional employees and temporary professional employees serving as principals. The rating too gives due consideration to the following:
The Leadership/Observation/Practice model, Framework for Leadership, shall compromise fifty percent (50%) of the principal's overall rating:
Act 82 *Framework for Leadership
1. Planning and preparation - Strategic and cultural leadership
2. School environment - Systems leadership
3. Delivery of service - Leadership for learning
4. Professional development - Professional and community leadership
*See Framework for Leadership/Act 82/Principal Inspired Leadership Crosswalk.
Multiple Measures of Student Performance shall comprise fifty percent (50%) of the principal's overall rating in the following areas:
- Fifteen percent (15%) Building-Level Data
- Fifteen percent (15%) Correlation Data based on teacher-level measures
- Twenty percent (20%) Elective Data, including measures of student achievement that are locally developed and selected by the school district from a list approved by the Department of Education and published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin by June 30 each year.
The term Principal includes the following:
- Assistant Principal
- Vice Principal
- Director of an Area Vocational-Technical School (CTC Director)
Charter schools are not included in this rating system but may choose to participate.
Please click on additional pages in order to see information on Framework for Leadership, Correlation Data, and Elective Data.