May 11 and 12, 2017
CIU 20 is sponsoring a two-day Regional 24 Challenge® Math Tournament for 4-8th grade students! This tournament will be held at CIU 20, 6 Danforth Drive, Easton, PA 18045 on May 11, 2017 for Grades 4-5 and on May 12, 2017 for Grades 6-8.
Registration Period is February 27 - March 27, 2017
District Contacts May Click On Links Below to Register Students
Links will become active at 8:30 a.m. on February 27th
School district contacts may register up to 10 champions for Grades 4-5 and 10 champions (Total) for the Grades 6, and 7-8 at registration. Districts may register the total number of students now, and submit student names by April 18, 2017. School districts may also add students to the waitlist.
Guidelines for Tournament
- Students in grades 4 through 8 may enter the tournament.
- A school district/diocese point of contact must register students. Click here to verify your point of contact.
- Up to 10 students for each Challenge day from a school district/diocese may enter. (10 students for 4/5 and 10 students for 6, 7-8.) If more than 10 students would like to participate in the challenge, advisors may submit their names, and these students will be waitlisted.
- The competition is limited to 100 students per day. Registrations will be determined in the order they are received.
- Advisors will be notified by April 7th as to the status of their students' registration.
- Participating schools must send one advisor for every 4 students. The advisor will be required to be a proctor for the Challenge.
- Click on the link below to learn more about the 24 Challenge Official Rules.
- As much as we would love to welcome parents, our building capacity at the 24 Challenge cannot accommodate that many people.
24 Challenge student participants will be doing the following 24 game challenges:
- Round 1 – Single Digits
- Round 2 – Double Digits
- Round 3 – Variables (both Semi-Final and General)
- Round 4 – Variables
- Grade groups will be competing simultaneously but separately (Grade groups consist of Grades 4/5; Grade 6; and Grades 7/8)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are parents allowed to come to to the challenge? No. As much as we would love to welcome parents, our building capacity cannot accommodate that many people.
- Which cards will you be using? We will be using Single Digits, Double Digits and Variable cards for the IU 20 tournament.
- Students who have First In Math ID's can practice these games:
- Single Digits – Skill Set 4, Game 3
- Double Digits – Skill Set 5, Game 2
- Variables – Skill Set 6, Game 2
Please email Julie Eates (email@example.com) or Heather Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. We would like to have all questions in writing so that we can appropriately update the "Frequently Asked Questions" for all participants.