April 10 and 11, 2019Snow Dates: May 29 and 30, 2019CIU 20 is sponsoring a two-day Regional 24 Challenge® Math Tournament for 4-8th grade students! This tournament will be held at CIU 20, 6 Danforth Drive, Easton, PA 18045 on April 10, 2019 for Grades 4-5 and on April 11, 2019 for Grades 6-8.Registration will be open 8:30 a.m. on March 7th and will close at noon on March 14th.District Contacts May Click On Links Below to Register StudentsSchool district contacts may register up to 10 champions for Grades 4-5 and 10 champions (total) for the Grades 6, and 7-8 at registration. Districts may register the total number of students now, and submit student names to Christiana Davey at email@example.com by March 19, 2019. School districts may also add students to the waitlist.Guidelines for Tournament
Tournament Challenges24 Challenge student participants will be doing the following 24 game challenges:
- Students in grades 4 through 8 may enter the tournament.
- A school district/diocese point of contact must register students. Click here to verify your point of contact.
- Up to 10 students for each challenge day from a school district/diocese may enter. (10 students for 4/5 and 10 students for 6, 7-8.) If more than 10 students would like to participate in the challenge, advisors may submit their names, and these students will be waitlisted.
- The competition is limited to 100 students per day. Registrations will be determined in the order they are received.
- Advisors will be notified by March 22nd as to the status of their students' registration.
- Participating schools must send one advisor for every 4 students. The advisor may be required to be a proctor for the Challenge.
- Click on the link below to learn more about the 24 Challenge Official Rules.
- As much as we would love to welcome parents, our building capacity at the 24 Challenge cannot accommodate that many people.
- No changes to student rosters will be permitted a week prior to the competition day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Round 1 – Single Digits
- Round 2 – Double Digits
- Round 3 – Variables (both Semi-Final and General)
- Round 4 – Variables
- Grade groups will be competing simultaneously but separately (Grade groups consist of Grades 4/5; Grade 6; and Grades 7/8)
- Will there be a state competition this year? No.
- Are parents allowed to come to to the challenge? No. As much as we would love to welcome parents, our building capacity cannot accommodate that many people.
- Which cards will you be using? We will be using Single Digits, Double Digits and Variable cards for the IU 20 tournament.
Other Questions?Please email Julie Eates (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Heather Heimer (email@example.com) with questions. We would like to have all questions in writing so that we can appropriately update the "Frequently Asked Questions" for all participants.
- Students who have First In Math ID's can practice these games:
- Single Digits – Skill Set 4, Game 3
- Double Digits – Skill Set 5, Game 2
- Variables – Skill Set 6, Game 2