Colonial Intermediate Unit 20: Virtual Media & Design Competition
Registration Opens December 14, 2020
Deadline to register is March 19, 2021
Project Upload & Submission
Projects must be uploaded by end of day Friday, March 19, 2021
Tuesday March 23, 2021 to Friday, March 26, 2021
Virtual Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
1:00- 3:00 pm (Both Middle and High School Event)
**** NEW**** Live Q & A Sessions for Support in Moving to the Virtual Competition
Please join us!!!
For a virtual informational session....
February 19 from 1:00-1:30 and February 22 from 1:30-2:00
Live Q & A to share ideas for this year's Colonial Intermediate Unit 20's 2021 Virtual Regional Media.
During these sessions, advisors will have the opportunity to ask questions about project registration, the structure of the competition, project categories and student submissions. Both sessions will be recorded. I look forward to helping support you and your students' efforts.
Click HERE to sign up for a virtual Q & A session ! Hope to see you there!
- All projects must be submitted by end of day Friday, March 19, 2021
- Entries will be limited to two projects per category per school. Students may work individually or in groups. Groups will be limited to three students
- If more than two projects are submitted from a school for any category, the school must decide which 2 projects will be entered in the competition.
- All entries must designate a faculty member or sponsor. All communication will go through that person. The faculty member or sponsor must provide contact information in the event they need to be contacted about a student's project
- All entries must register online and be submitted by the faculty member.
- Submit entries only one time.
- Students cannot change the name of their project after it has been submitted online, however they are able to made edits to a project.
- There will be no entrance fee charged to either the school district or student to participate.
- All projects must include a project summary, copyright sign-off form, and photo release. Projects that do not include all three will be disqualified.
High School Categories:
Middle School Categories:
1. Participation Packet (formerly Project Summary)
Each student must submit a Participation Packet with each entry into the PA Media & Design Competition. The documents will be the student's opportunity to provide judges with any background information they wish the judges to be aware of during the judging process. The summary will be placed with each project for the judges to read as they evaluate the student's entry.
A copyright sign-off form must accompany each entry into the PA Media & Design Competition. The form must be signed by all students of the project team as well as the sponsor. This form can be found in the Participation Packet.
A CIU 20 Photo Release Form must accompany each entry into the PA Media & Design Competition. The form must be signed by all students of the project team as well as the sponsor.