2023 PA Media and Design Competition
March 7, 2023
(Snow Date: March 9, 2023)
Click HERE to View the Virtual Information Session
(Access Password: eV4NhPA#)
Northampton Community College
Registration Opens November 4, 2022
Deadline to register is February 24, 2023
**Event will run Face-to-Face
- All projects must be set up by 8:50 AM. Projects not completely set up by 8:50 AM are automatically disqualified
- Entries will be limited to two projects per category per school. Students may work individually or in groups. Groups will be limited to three students
- If more than two projects are submitted from a school for any category, the school must decide which 2 projects will be entered in the competition.
- Students must provide their own computer.
- Students must provide their own power strip/cord. If your project requires power, you must bring extension cords and power strips to ensure that you can get power to your project.
- Students are responsible for their own computer. The IU is not responsible for theft or damage to a computer at Regional or State level competitions.
- All entries must designate a faculty member or sponsor. All communication will go through that person. The faculty member or sponsor must accompany students to the regional and state competitions.
- All entries must register online and be submitted by the faculty member.
- Submit entries only one time.
- Students cannot change the name of their project after it has been submitted online.
- There will be no entrance fee charged to either the school district or student to participate.
- All projects must include a project summary, copyright sign-off form, and photo release. Projects that do not include all three will be disqualified.
- Students must leave information by their computer to inform the judges of how to play their project or get into their computer should it go into sleep mode or get turned off.
- Live Internet connections are not guaranteed at the regional level.
- Internet connections will be provided at the State Competition.
- Click HERE to view helpful information in Google Slides
High School Categories:
Middle School Categories:
1. Participation Packet (formerly Project Summary)
Each student must submit a Participation Packet with each entry into the PA Media & Design Competition. The documents will be the student's opportunity to provide judges with any background information they wish the judges to be aware of during the judging process. The summary will be placed with each project for the judges to read as they evaluate the student's entry.
A copyright sign-off form must accompany each entry into the PA Media & Design Competition. The form must be signed by all students of the project team as well as the sponsor. This form can be found in the Participation Packet.
A CIU 20 Photo Release Form must accompany each entry into the PA Media & Design Competition. The form must be signed by all students of the project team, as well as the sponsor, to grant or not grant permission to use photos.
Please contact Dr. Kandianis at [email protected] or Christine Leitgeb [email protected] with any questions.