Approved by PDE
ABOUT THE PROGRAMApproved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, this 12-credit program provides the tools teachers need to plan, design and incorporate STEM strategies into everyday learning. Upon successful completion, Pennsylvania educators can apply to add the STEM endorsement to their teaching certificate.
The program is offered through Colonial Intermediate Unit 20, in partnership with Wilkes University and Discovery Education. Wilkes is the only school in the country to team up with Discovery Education, the global leader in digital content for K-12 educators.
- Create and implement STEM activities in the classroom
- Integrate authentic assessment strategies
- Develop a culture of STEM in the school / district
Courses in the program can be applied to the master’s degree in Instructional Media.
- EDIM 502: Project-Based Learning
- EDIM 513: Inquiry-Based Learning
- EDIM 517: Practices and Implementation of STEM Education
- EDIM 518: Creating a STEM Culture Through Application
Teachers can earn the degree, the letter of endorsement, or both.
- Four courses, seven-week session format
- Convenient online learning
- Completion in less than one year
- Free access to Discovery Education's premium online resources
- $490 per credit (Spring 2018 rate, subject to change).
- The CIU 20 / Wilkes program is among the most affordable providers in Pennsylvania, and is priced less than state schools.
CIU 20 EXCLUSIVE INCENTIVE
MORE INFO AND TO ENROLLStephanie Agentis
- Application fee and online course fees are waived
- Locked in tuition rate until December 2020