Approved by PDE
ABOUT THE PROGRAMApproved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, this 12-credit program provides the tools teachers need to plan, design and incorporate STEM strategies into everyday learning. Upon successful completion, Pennsylvania educators can apply to add the STEM endorsement to their teaching certificate.
The program is offered through Colonial Intermediate Unit 20, in partnership with Wilkes University and Discovery Education. Wilkes is the only school in the country to team up with Discovery Education, the global leader in digital content for K-12 educators.
- Create and implement STEM activities in the classroom
- Integrate authentic assessment strategies
- Develop a culture of STEM in the school / district
2020 Spring - Session 1: EDIM 513 (TBD)
2020 Spring - Session 2: EDIM 517 (TBD)
2020 Summer - Session 1: EDIM 518 (TBD)
2020 Fall - Session 2: EDIM 518 (TBD)
MS IN EDUCATION IN LITERACY
2020 Spring: LIT 501, 502, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 (TBD)
2020 Summer: LIT 501, 503, 504, 506, 508, 510 (TBD)
2020 Fall: LIT 501, 502, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 (TBD)Courses in the program can be applied to the master’s degree in Instructional Media.
Teachers can earn the degree, the letter of endorsement, or both.
- Four courses, seven-week session format
- Convenient online learning
- Completion in less than one year
- Waived application and course fee
- Discounted tuition at just $490 per credit (based on continuous attendance)
- Free access to Discovery Education's premium online resources
- Deferred payment for tuition reimbursement
These benefits are exclusively for educators working in the CIU 20 region.
- $490 per credit
- The CIU 20 / Wilkes program is among the most affordable providers in Pennsylvania, and is priced less than state schools.
CIU 20 EXCLUSIVE INCENTIVE
MORE INFO AND TO ENROLLStephanie Agentis
- Application fee and online course fees are waived
- Locked in tuition rate until December 2020
Information Request Form